Update for HDMI Compatibility of Select 2020 AV Receivers with Certain Gaming, Video Devices (December 2021)
- This HDMI board exchange is complimentary to customers for 24 months after the program starts.
- You will not need this HDMI board exchange unless you are planning to connect an Xbox Series X gaming or a NVIDIA RTX30 video graphic card device at 4K/120Hz signal transmission.
- These AV receivers (above) currently support HDMI pass-through of 4K/60Hz signals with HDR (HDR10 and Dolby Vision) and may be used with the latest gaming devices.
- These AV receivers currently support HDMI eARC, which allows 4K/120Hz sources to be connected directly to a compatible TV, with the audio fed to the AVR via eARC.
- The newly released RX-A4A, RX-A6A and RX-A8A are unaffected by the pass-through issue, requiring only a future firmware update to enable certain HDMI 2.1 capabilities.