13/9/2012 [Musical Instruments]
Hamamatsu, Japan - Yamaha Corporation launched "Song Beats," an application for use on iPhones. Users will be able to download this new application from App Store beginning today free of charge.
- *iPhone 4S/4/3GS, iPod touch (third and fourth generations), for operating system iOS 5.0 and later versions (The application can also operate on iPad and iPad 2.)
- *The application itself is available at no charge and includes 10 songs.
- *Seller: Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc.
Outline of the Application
The "Song Beats" is an application for aspiring drummers to practice with a backing band. The app supports the drummer's performance by visualizing which drums to hit and when to hit them while playing along with their favorite songs. Song Beats also allows users to easily create custom accompaniments for drums, putting the drummer's performance at the center of the band.
Further details are as follows.
1. Performers can enjoy practicing while viewing the screen
When a practice song is played back, the "Song Beats" player screen shows the actual timing for drum beats. This makes it easy to learn which drums should be played and when. Performers have the option of choosing between acoustic and electronic drum visuals.
2. Also possible to practice together with accompaniment
Performers can mix the drum sounds users want to hear by using the mute feature, and create simplified drum beats for practice or performance. Performers can not only practice together with accompaniments but also can change the tempo and play selected portions of a song over and over, thus enabling them to practice more effectively. Videos of sample performances on electric drums, which provide a useful reference for performance methods, are also available for songs recorded internally.
3. Many songs are available for performance
In addition to the 10 practice songs and drum-playing patterns included in the application, users can download any MIDI songs purchased from Yamaha MusicSoft into the application by using iTunes File Sharing.
- *Apple, iPad, iPod, and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
- *Product names and company names in the text of this document are the trade names and registered trademarks of Yamaha Corporation and other companies.
Links to product pages
About Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc.
Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc. (YMIA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation of Japan. YMIA was founded in 2000 in New York City to establish digital content services for customers of Yamaha's Keyboards and other musical instruments.
For more information about YMIA's services, visit http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com
About Yamaha Corporation
Since its founding in 1887, the Yamaha Group has developed its business activities focusing on musical instruments, audio products, Yamaha music schools, and other products and services related to sound and music. We are pleased, indeed, that Yamaha touches on the lives of and brings joy to so many people around the world.
For more information, please visit: http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate/
For inquiries on this product
Yamaha Corporation Support and Inquiries - Applications for smart devices *
(Please understand that we can only respond to e-mail inquiries.)